Anodized rail is widely used in schools, sewer treatment plants, bridges, and commercial buildings.
BENEFITS OF ANODIZED RAILING:
10 Year Warranty Available
Does not CHIP or FLAKE if scratched.
Corrosion may occur at the scratch, but will not go under finish.
Twenty to thirty years use life with "good" maintenance.
Minimal maintenance 10 years.
If your railing builder trys to talk you out of anodizing and into paint or powdercoating rail instead of anodizing, they may have a paint or powdercoat line. Anodizing is far superior to paint and/or powdercoat.
HOW TO MANUFACTURE RAIL TO BE ANODIZED:
Anodize finish penetrates the surface of the aluminum.
For the best results, follow these steps:
1. Finish the rail the way you want the final product to look.
(Scratches, abrasions, dings need to be sanded smooth. For best results, all surface must be uniformly sanded and have scotch brite finish applied)
2. When welding use only 5356 welding rod or wire.
3. Vent and drain holes need to be drilled in the rail in order to get the best finish
Many to choose from: Satin clear, Brite dip clear, and colors.
* The 15 minute satin clear is inexpensive and recommended for cost conscience projects.
* The 30 minute anodize is standard for inland projects
* The 60 minute anodize is recommended if railing is used within a mile of salt water and treatment plants or other facilities where the surrounding atmosphere is harsh on metal.
MAINTENANCE OF ANODIZED RAIL
1. Wash with mild dish soap; Rinse with water.
2. If there are stains try a 50 50 mix of water and vinegar. Always add the acid to water. Rinse well.
3. Never use a degreaser or any cleaner that is not suitable for anodized aluminum (see #4) as this will break down the anodized finish and stain it permanently.
4. Always look at the MSDS sheet when using a cleaner on anodized rail.
This page is best viewed with Internet Explorer, at 1024x768 pixels.
Content 2003-2004, David Russell Anodizing, All rights reserved.